Latest Posts
One moment pls. Loading 10 latest posts...

18 March 2019

GOOD BYE MY PRINCESS / 东宫 [2019][TV][Cdrama] : First Impression




... since this series has no purpose, it makes it interesting where it is going and how it ends and if it indeed has a point.


SOME INFO

CHINESE TITLE
Literally, Eastern Palace which evokes plenty of scheming and all so why not call it Eastern Palace or the Deception And Betrayal Of The Eastern Palace or China's favourite English title, The Story of Eastern Palace or The Legend of Eastern palace?


I just watched through 10 very emotionally draining episodes, some I skipped some I watched scratching my head, wondering how our hero can expect our heroine to survive on only his true love when he basically ruined her entire life thrice over (maternal grandpa is one, dad and mom is second and her own self third). I read the synopsis and can't figure out what the heck is this series about. I was hoping it isn't that sort of torturous love like Journey of Flower or those story of girl rising in ranks. It is neither I think. I am not sure what it is about. It is like he made the girl suffer and then REBOOT and hopefully she makes him suffer and what? REBOOT again? Never ending suffering? Reading this spoiler, whether either he suffers by her death or he suffers by her escape, it makes me feel their entire journey is pointless. Gonna start ep 11 aka the reboot so maybe I could be wrong and that this series has a point.

The actress reminds me of a shorter Tang Yan, even her voice dub sounds familiar. She can definitely act but the make up dept put too much foundation on her and too much spotlight and so suffers from No Sweat syndrome. The hero is skinny, dramatically... not good. sorry but I am not enamoured by him. Not very princely or kingly or even ruthless or romantic. How can anything he do be romantic when at the back of my mind he kinda caused a lot of deaths. This series is weird.

Hated the CGI.

Hated the English title. Made it sound so chirpy, comedy, lighthearted romance drama when it is just so much pain and suffering and loss.

I will continue to watch because since this series has no purpose, it makes it interesting where it is going and how it ends and if it indeed has a point.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Labels, Archive and the usual sidebar contents are at the bottom of this page.